Baquedano E5-27 y J.L. Mera
Phone: 593 2 2557176
Fax: 593 2 2547576
Quito - Ecuador
Mount Pisco is named after the typical Peruvian drink, Pisco. This beautiful mountain offers a great introduction to the high mountain climbing experience on the Cordillera Blanca. Located in the heart of the mountain range, is an excellent choice as a preparatory climb before confronting higher, more demanding peaks of the Cordillera Blanca.
Day 1: Huaraz – Base Camp.
In the morning we arrange a private transport to Cebollapampa high plain. From here we trek towards the base camp of Mounts Pisco and Huandoy. The trail leads us along beautiful landscapes with a well-marked route with glacial streams, gracious Andean flowers and queñua (polylepis) forests while we can enjoy great views of Mounts Huascaran, Chopicalqui, Yanacocha and the Pisco itself. The 4 hours hike will take us to the camp at 4650m. From here we have exceptional views of Mounts Huandoy, Chopicalqui and Pisco. Lunch Box, Dinner.
Day 2: Base Camp – Pisco Summit – Base Camp.
We start our attempt to reach the summit of Mount Pisco early in the morning at about 2 a.m. First we have to negotiate our way through a camp of loose rocks of the moraine and then at sunrise we will reach the base of the glacier where we put crampons on and start the climb in easy glacial and snowy terrain. At a certain point of the route and weather permitting we will have the opportunity to enjoy marvelous views of the Artesonraju snowy peak, Mount Caraz, Piramide de Garcilaso and other impressive and beautiful mountains of the east side of the Cordillera Blanca. Finally after 7-8 hours of continuous climbing we will get to the summit of the Pisco Mountain. Our effort will be rewarded with an incredible 360 degrees view of the Cordillera Blanca main peaks: Huascaran, Chacraraju, Chopicalqui, Huandoy, Alpamayo, Artesonraju, etc. etc. Then we return to base camp where we expect to arrive at about 2 – 3 p.m. for a well-deserved rest and dinner. Breakfast, Lunch Box, Dinner.
Day 3: Base Camp – Cebollapampa - Huaraz.
After a relaxed morning we will start our trek down to the meadow of Cebollapampa where we meet our transport which will take us back to the city of Huaraz. Breakfast, Lunch Box.
• Cordillera Blanca & Mount Pisco
• Flora & Fauna
• Rivers, Lagoons, Glaciers
• Great Mountain Scenery
• Price per Person: us$450. –
• All prices are per person in double tent occupancy.
• Tent Single supplement: us$45. - per person.
Every week on Friday from June 01 until September 30.
Departures are guaranteed with minimum 2 participants.
• Included:From/to Huaraz transport to/from trek start point, professional English/Spanish speaking mountain guide, noted meals, complete camping equipment (tents for 2 persons, dining tent, kitchen tent, and toilet tent), complete food services while on the trek, cook, helpers, donkeys for cargo, first aid kit, entrance fee.
• Not included:international and domestic flights, airport taxes, extra personal donkey (us$ 150. - per donkey), tips, personal trekking gear, extras, personal travel insurance.
• Personal baggage weight allowance per passenger:5 kgs (this to be carried by our donkeys). Passengers must carry a day back pack (suggested 30-40 lts) with their personal belongings for the day hike (lunch box, warm clothing, photo camera, etc.).
• Climbing Ratio: 3 clients / 1 guide
Copyright © 2013 Andes Adventures All Rights Reserved